Saturday, December 7, 2013

Self Portrait


1.    Why did you select the inspiration pieces?

I really like when self portraits are more realistic and less abstract so for the majority of the three I used portraits that were actually pictures, and for the last one I used a painting that seemed really lively and vivid. I went to the MOMA gallery online.

2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?

I wanted the picture to be really simple so I just used sharpie, charcoal, and graphite pencils on Bristol board.
3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?

I can’t really draw realistic features and things like that so it was pretty difficult, and in the end I wasn’t 100% satisfied with my piece but I tried my hardest and was pretty decently surprised at what I actually accomplished.
4. How does this piece represent you?

I highlighted the features that I liked most about myself with dark sharpie swirls, and accented them by making them larger.
5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?

Value and visual texture were he parts of my piece also balance.
6. Did you enjoy working on this project?

It wasn’t my favorite, but I actually did learn more about myself and my art skills during the process of this project.
7. What do you think of your final artwork?

I really liked the piece for the sake of the piece, whether or not it looked like me was the real problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment