Friday, September 13, 2013

Project #1: Elements and Principles Slideshow

justuscr01's AED200 Project 1 album on Photobucket




Project #1 Reflection:

First I read Part Two in the Living with Art textbook to understand the concepts of the elements and principles of art. I then read through the list of principles and elements list hat we were given and began brainstorming certain items that were around my house or outside that would fit the certain categories. For the first element line I took a picture of a bouquet of flowers that were sitting on my dining room table. I felt that they were a good example of line because of the way the stems led up to the flowers and then the petals also formed lines jetting out of the center of the flower. For value I used a magazine that I had hanging on my wall. It was very interesting and it already was in black and white and values of grey so I thought it fit perfectly. For shapes I used a picture that I took of the Grand Island Bridge the lines that brought together the bridge form so many different shapes that if fit the category to a tee. I decided to take a picture of my lunch at work one day to portray form; everything in the photo is 3d feature.  I used a photo that I took of a Clematis plant to show space. The way that it flows to the ground and the somewhat “empty” space around it is what made me put it in this category. For color I used a photo of my bedroom wall I have numerous magazine covers I used as a sort of wallpaper and they express a lot of vivid color. And finally for the last element I used a piece of garland from the fourth of July for my texture picture.

As for the principles:

Balance: I took a picture of the organ that I have at my house the keys and other buttons give the picture a great sense of balance.

Contrast: This picture was taken in the woods it shows a contrast between the newly dead and cut down branches that are still green and the long dead branches that are brown and crumply.

Movement: a picture that I accidently slowed the shutter speed down on my camera became a really good representation of movement.

Emphasis: The yellow flower becomes the focal point because of the contrast that the green foliage behind it.

Pattern: This picture was taken inside my printer the pattern comes into effect because of the little cylindrical elements and the brush like elements that are present.

Proportion: A sunrise picture that I took at my work. The trucks show the size of the building and the electric tower by their difference in size.

Unity: And the last and final picture that I took at the beach. I think all the elements come together and just have so many texture and colors and focal points that it really portrays what unity stands for.
 

3 comments:

  1. Courtney, this project is really well put together. I loved all of your pictures I could tell what you were trying to portray in each one without even looking at the label. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Coutney! I really like the movement picture even though it was an accidental attempt. I came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your contrast picture because it shows dead plant life and alive plant life with very different colors. It could mean other things like the balance between life and death.

    ReplyDelete